This has been an unprecedented time for us all and Minders Keepers has been affected just like all other aspects of the travel industry.
We know there is pent up demand but also still real uncertainty and lack of confidence for anyone hoping to make plans to get away and so we want to assure clients that we will be making no cancellation charges for anyone who is obliged to cancel due to the current pandemic
Where clients are able to get away we have provided the following advice to our sitters in order to maintain the safety of both clients and sitters:
- Take the opportunity to ask the client about their recent health status when you make your prior-to-sit call. If there has been illness/COVID in the household during the previous 10 days the sit should be cancelled: whilst we believe it is highly unlikely that either party would be planning to go away in this scenario, it is better to be safe than sorry!
- Take some disinfectant wipes or make up a disinfectant/cleaning solution and as the client leaves clean all door handles, hard surfaces, cupboard handles etc. and then wash your hands
- Allow the property to be aired
- Take a basic set of crockery and cutlery for your use.
- Observe social distancing with the client at handovers and wear a facemask
- If you have been ill or in contact with anyone who has been ill with COVID do not go on the sit but inform us in order for us to try to find a substitute sitter
- If you are able to do so, arrange handovers outside the home
- Wear a mask at all times if indoors together with the client(s)
- Please check whether any other people are due to come into the household, for example cleaners or gardeners. If you are comfortable with this please ensure you/they observe social distancing and wear a facemask. If they come indoors, both you and they should wear a facemask at all times.
If you are not comfortable with this, please inform us and the client immediately so that suitable alternative arrangements can be made