We’re getting to that time of year again fireworks are appearing in the shops and so it’s worth preparing for the inevitable loud bangs and screams through the sky which can create such untold misery to our dogs.
The RSPCA have some simple tips which are worth passing on:
• Walk them during daylight hours to avoid times when fireworks are likely to be set off
• Close windows and curtains to muffle the sound of fireworks
• Put on some music or tv to mask the firework sounds
• Create a quiet space where your dog can feel in control
• Create some hiding places around your home